October 10 @ 8:30 am — 11:00 amMore Dates
Explore Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, where you might see deer, bobcats, and hawks. Learn about acorn woodpeckers – the hippies of the bird world – and the wonderful ways of woodrats, as well as the peculiar nature of certain plants. Enjoy wildlife sounds, smells, and sights on this moderate 5-mile hike on rocky terrain (with less than 500 ft. elevation gain)
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
- Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
- Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
- Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
- Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
- Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Meet at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, Canyon View Staging Area. From Pacific Park/Canyon Vistas intersection, go northwest on Canyon Vistas. Park legally (note street signs) on or near Canyon Vistas, preferably between Coastal Oak and Madia (22144 region of Canyon Vistas). We will meet on the paved sidewalk easement leading toward Wood Canyon Trail. Parking: Free.
LocationCanyon View – Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park
22144 Canyon Vistas
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656