Geology Hike- Dilley CANCELLED
CANCELLED This Event has Passed
Step back 25 million years in the park’s history to a time when the seas receded and the San Andreas Fault was just starting to form. Discover the geologic processes going on today and how they affect the natural landscape. This moderate 3-mile hike is over level to steep terrain with a 300-ft elevation gain. For ages 10 and up.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
• Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
• Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email email@example.com for availability.
• Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
• Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
• Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
• Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Dilley Staging Area, Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. Meet at Dilley Staging Area, east side of Laguna Canyon Rd., just north of El Toro Rd. Parking: $3/vehicle.
LocationJames Dilley Preserve
James Dilley Preserve
Laguna Beach, CA 92651