Geology Hike- Moulton Peak
February 25 @ 9:00 am — 12:00 pm
Join on a 4-mile geology hike (600 ft. elevation gain) over level to steep terrain. Hike through the oak-filled woodland of Wood Canyon and then ascend to the park’s highest peak. We’ll be hiking up a great stack of layered rock (Formations) , each being several hundred feet in thickness. Each Formation tells a different story, stories of ancient times, from great deposits of sand, origin of caves, a time of submarine landslides, and a time when a great shell-filled limestone reef formed. This is an intermediate-level hike.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
• Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
• Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
• Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
• Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
• Minimum age of 11 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
• Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Meet at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, Canyon View Staging Area. From Pacific Park/Canyon Vistas intersection, go northwest on Canyon Vistas. Park legally (note street signs) on or near Canyon Vistas, preferably between Coastal Oak and Madia (22144 region of Canyon Vistas). Parking: Free.
LocationCanyon View – Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park
22144 Canyon Vistas
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656