Geology Hike- Willow (Laurel Loop)
March 25 @ 9:00 am — 12:00 pm
Our tour will reveal fascinating stories of our park’s ancient environments. We’ll see and better understand the origins of faults, deformation cracks leading upward towards faults, lava filed cracks, sandstone caves, landslides, and types of sandstones from different ages of geologic time. You will note how most of the above features are shown on a geologic map. Ages 9 and up.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
• Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
• Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
• Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
• Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
• Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
• Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Willow Staging Area, Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. Meet at Willow Staging Area, west side of Laguna Canyon Rd., just south of El Toro Rd. Parking: $3/vehicle
LocationWillow Staging Area
Willow Canyon Rd.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651