Geology Hike – Canyon View
October 15 @ 9:00 am — 12:00 pm
Join us for a look into the park’s landscapes during the past 25 million years. We will see evidence of ancient volcanic activity, shifting sea floor sands, clam fossils telling us of a shallow bay, ancient faults and earthquakes, recent landslides, and formation of our sandstone caves.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
• Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
• Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
• Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
• Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
• Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
• Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Meet at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, Canyon View Staging Area. From Pacific Park/Canyon Vistas intersection, go northwest on Canyon Vistas. Park legally (note street signs) on or near Canyon Vistas, preferably between Coastal Oak and Madia (22144 region of Canyon Vistas). We will meet on the paved sidewalk easement leading toward Wood Canyon Trail. Parking: Free.
LocationCanyon View – Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park
22144 Canyon Vistas
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656