Keep It Wild – Native Plant Nursery
May 28 @ 8:00 am — 11:00 amMore Dates
Join Laguna Canyon Foundation volunteers in beautiful Laguna Coast Wilderness Park at our native plant nursery as we care for native plants from their seed stage to their mature, ready-to-be planted stage. Volunteers may collect seeds, sow seeds in flats, bump plants up, plant at restoration sites, sterilize plant containers, and help maintain the nursery. Gain hands-on experience with habitat restoration while working alongside other zany and interesting plant lovers! Wear closed-toed shoes, layered clothing and sun protection. Bring water. Ages 16 and up. Ages 16 and 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
- Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
- Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
- Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
- Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
- Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Laguna Coast Wilderness Park, Willow Canyon Staging Area (west side of Laguna Canyon Rd/SR-133, just south of El Toro Road). You must arrive by 8 am. Park and walk up the gravel trail 100 yards to get to the small native plant nursery, just before the trailers.
Parking: Free parking passes will be provided for volunteers at the nursery
LocationWillow Staging Area
Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, CA 92651