Keep It Wild Stewardship Event – Laguna Coast Wilderness Park
March 4 @ 2:30 pm — 4:30 pm
Join Laguna Canyon Foundation and OC Parks at one of our habitat restoration stewardship events in Laguna Coast Wilderness Park as we learn and work together to create a healthier habitat for the native plants and wildlife that call the canyon their home. Depending on the time of year, volunteers will assist with various stewardship activities, including removal of non-native plants, seed collection, and/or planting of native plants. No experience is necessary and all tools will be provided. Please wear long pants, closed- toed shoes and sun protection, and bring water. Come out and join the team to help restore the wild lands we all enjoy! For questions, call 949-497-8324 Mon-Fri or 949-923-2235 Sat/Sun.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
- Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
- Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
- Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
- Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
- Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: The Nix Nature Center (18751 Laguna Canyon Road, Laguna Beach 92651).
Parking: Free for Keep It Wild volunteers!
LocationNix Nature Center
18751 Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, CA 92651