Trail Stewardship – Meadows
May 27 @ 8:00 am — 12:00 pm
If you use the wilderness parks for hiking, biking, photography or just relaxing, Trail Stewardship might be right up your alley! Get up close and personal with the trails you use; you’ll see them in a whole new way. No experience necessary. This is FUN hard work. Whatever your skill level is, there is a job to do: clearing drains to get the water off of the trail, pruning vegetation back to keep users on the trail, moving dirt to rebuild eroded tread, and restoring impacted areas are just some of the tasks we will accomplish. We will be using tools such as loppers, picks, shovels, and McLeods to improve the user experience, protect the fragile habitat and increase the sustainability of our trails. Expect to hike up to 4 miles while carrying tools. Gloves and tools provided.
Please note: For safety reasons, we limit the number of participants for this event. If after you reserve your spot, you realize you cannot attend, please cancel your reservation and/or contact email@example.com so that the reservation will be available for another volunteer.
We will be installing lodgepole fencing on the Meadows Trail in Aliso & Wood Canyons Wilderness Park. Location is subject to change based on weather and other factors. Registered participants will be notified.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
- Pre-registration on lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
- Each participant must register individually. For group registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
- Group sizes will be minimized for safety purposes.
- Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
- Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian. If under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent/guardian, provided at the start of the event.
- Participants must bring plenty of water, closed-toed hiking shoes, and sun protection.
In an effort to protect all employees, volunteers, and participants, please do not attend if you are not feeling well, have symptoms of illness or have been in contact with someone who was ill.
Location: Our tentative meeting location will be Aliso and Wood Canyons Visitor Center. To see meeting location on Google Maps, click HERE. From this location we will caravan to the trailhead within the park.
Registered participants will be sent specific instructions before the event.
LocationAliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park
28373 Alicia Parkway
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656