Have you considered remembering Laguna Canyon Foundation in your estate? A planned gift is a wonderful way to establish your legacy and ensure the continued success of Laguna Canyon Foundation’s mission. We rely on the generosity of our donors to accomplish our work.
Laguna Canyon Foundation is dedicated to preserving, protecting, enhancing and promoting the South Coast Wilderness – a network of open space that includes Laguna Coast Wilderness Park & Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park in Orange County, California. Over our 25 year history, we have:
- Been instrumental in saving the 22,000 acres of the South Coast Wilderness from development and ensuring the land was put under permanent protection.
- Partnered with the County of Orange and our generous donors to build the James and Rosemary Nix Nature Center, winner of the National Association for Interpretation Award for Interpretive Media, which has offered interactive exhibits, a painter’s pier, and a meeting place in the heart of Laguna Coast Wilderness Park since 2006.
- Expanded our education program from serving 522 students from two Title 1 schools during the program’s first year in 2007-08 to serving 3380 students from eleven Title 1 schools during the 2015-16 school year.
- Completed work on over 100 acres of habitat within the South Coast Wilderness and its surrounding area since our habitat restoration program’s launch in 2011.
- Offered a variety of ways for residents and visitors alike to explore and become familiar with their public lands with approximately 30 public programs, including multiple volunteer days, provided every month. Diverse volunteer opportunities allow residents to strengthen connections to both the land and the community while pursuing their own talents and interests.
We’re excited to look ahead to our future, and we invite you to help support the great projects we have planned. A charitable bequest to Laguna Canyon Foundation will ensure the conservation of our open space for generations to come, while protecting your own family’s financial future. Your gift to the wilderness parks tells the world that open space is important to you. With your support, we can educate, maintain, and support the many uses of the park in perpetuity.
Contact us at (949) 497-8324 to learn more about leaving a legacy gift for Laguna Canyon Foundation.
Is the thought of planned giving leaving you feeling overwhelmed? LCF is a co-sponsor of two financial and charitable gift planning workshops presented by the nonprofit FEELincontrol. The “It’s Your Money” and “It’s Your Estate” workshops, now in their 23rd year, provide resources and information for seniors to make confident financial, estate and charitable decisions today for the future. The workshops’ purpose is to educate you to benefit you first, family second, and your favorite charity third. The workshops are free and informational only (no attempts to sell insurance or solicit donations) – click here for the current workshop schedule!