June 22 @ 8:30 am — 11:00 amMore Dates
Explore Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, where you might see deer, bobcats, and hawks. Learn about acorn woodpeckers – the hippies of the bird world – and the wonderful ways of woodrats, as well as the peculiar nature of certain plants. Enjoy wildlife sounds, smells, and sights on this moderate 5 – 7-mile hike (depending on the fitness of participants), with less than 500 ft elevation gain.
Please note the following safety precautions and protocols:
- Pre-registration on Lagunacanyon.org is required for this event. No walk-ups.
- Each individual adult must sign the liability waiver – provided by the lead volunteers – when they arrive at the event.
- Maintain proper physical distancing, a minimum of 6 feet, between yourself and all other members of the group always.
- Group stops will be minimized and generally only done for safety purposes.
- Minimum age of 16 years old accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Location: Meet at Aliso and Wood Canyons Wilderness Park, Canyon View Staging Area. From Pacific Park/Canyon Vistas intersection, go northwest on Canyon Vistas. Park legally (note street signs) on or near Canyon Vistas, preferably between Coastal Oak and Madia (22144 region of Canyon Vistas). We will meet on the paved sidewalk easement leading toward Wood Canyon Trail.
LocationCanyon View Staging Area
22144 Canyon Vistas
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656